SourceB is a suite of sterile & ophthalmology preparations designed to meet the changing needs of hospitals and practices.
Whether we’re procuring raw materials from the most reputable manufacturers or designing a custom label for a pain management drug, your patients’ safety is always on our minds. That’s why Avella has built so many safeguards within our clean rooms and throughout our facilities. Our people, processes and equipment all showcase how we go the extra mile in quality and safety. So all of our customers receive the right product and the right dose at the right time, with no room for error.
Putting this Philosophy into Practice:
Below are just a few examples of how we lead the industry in optimizing quality and patient safety:
- Testing every batch, all the time: We conduct end product testing for every batch and provide our customers with this information for every order along with all other Q/A reports. We have always done this for all batches.
- Validating our dedication to quality: We were one of the first pharmacies in the nation to earn Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) a Less than 200 pharmacies in the nation share this honor.
- Employing the latest technology: We use state-of-the-art automation resources such as proprietary robotics technology to improve our production efficiency and maintain the highest levels of patient safety.
- An entire team devoted to Q/A: We have an internal Quality Assurance department that oversees all processes related to the development and distribution of SourceB products. This team includes microbiologists, chemists, quality control staff, and quality engineers.
- Putting a lid on quality: We use a tamper evidence cap and label for all OR syringes. This label is proprietary to SourceB and is not used by any of our competitors in the industry.
- Keeping drugs in the right hands: Our highly customized labeling for many IV injectable medications (including sedation and pain management drugs) goes beyond the industry standard to reduce medical errors and safeguard patients. We use bold colors and fonts/typefaces that differentiate products at a glance.