NCPDP announced today the Opening Keynote Panel for its 2018 Annual Technology & Business Conference, Industry United to Improve the Patient Journey, May 7-9, 2018, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. The Keynote Panel will address “Data Challenges and Opportunities to Improve the Patient Journey,” on Tuesday, May 8, 2018. Avella founder and chairman of the board, John Musil, will participate on the panel representing specialty pharmacy.
Panelists representing multiple stakeholder perspectives – from physician to patient, pharmacist and manufacturer - will weigh in on data challenges and how to improve the patient experience:
- Walter G. Suarez, MD, MPH, Executive Director, Health IT Strategy and Policy, Kaiser Permanente, will moderate the panel and provide the physician perspective.
- Regina Holliday, Patient Rights Activist, Artist, Author, Speaker and Founder of the Walking Gallery, will provide the patient perspective.
- Troy Trygstad, MBA, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Vice President, Pharmacy Programs, Community Care of North Carolina, will present the Community Pharmacy perspective.
- John D. Musil, Pharm.D., FACA, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Avella Specialty Pharmacy, will provide the specialty pharmacy perspective.
- Thomas Evegan, Managing Director, Cumberland Consulting Group, LLC, will provide the specialty pharmacy manufacturer perspective.
“We have assembled an impressive panel of industry thought leaders who will share their perspectives on data challenges that impact patient care,” explained Lee Ann Stember, President and CEO of NCPDP. “We hope that a candid and provocative discussion on challenges and opportunities to improve the patient journey will inform and inspire our members to continue to innovate at NCPDP — through our industry standards and guidance — and in the solutions that their companies bring to the industry.”
To register for NCPDP’s 2018 Annual Technology & Business Conference, Industry United to Improve the Patient Journey, visit http://ncpdp.org/ac/index.aspx. Follow us at http://twitter.com/ncpdp or join the discussion using NCPDP’s 2018 Annual Technology & Business Conference hashtag: #NCPDP18.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with approximately 1,500 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 80,000 pharmacies, resQ™, an industry pharmacy credentialing resource, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than 2.5 million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call 480.477.1000.